You're Not My Caliber

Do you like sequels? Usually, the second movies of most franchises tend to be favored most. For our final STEAM class of this year, we will be going through part two of our previous STEAM class Disease, called Cure. In the last term, we studied how diseases are contracted, their progression through the body, signs, symptoms, and effects. What we have learned in Cure, so far, is how living things can be healed, improving chances for survival. Over decades, scientists and doctors have found cures or methods of prevention for many diseases. However, there are many more discoveries left to be made. In this unit, we have learned about the process of mitosis and meiosis, working with quadratic functions, and surgical science. Recently, we visited the Museum of Surgical Science in Chicago and learned how surgical methods have evolved and improved over time. This action project focuses on Abdominal Bullet Removal Surgery. The slideshow below will go over the system, injury, impacts, surgery, and recovery. I hope you enjoy!


It looks like this case is closed. I was inspired to look at the abdomen in the surgery because I stumbled into a website while I was looking for an image on it to use for the slideshow and discovered it was a journal on an actual case of a surviving victim who was shot in the abdomen and had this exact surgery take place in that part of the body. This was before I knew what to do because I was undecided as to what part of the body I should focus on, since someone could be shot anywhere on the body. That was when I received some feedback from my teacher to focus on one part of the body instead of all of it. This was a challenge I had in the beginning of making this action project and how I overcame it. The link to this source is in the citations located on the final slide of the slideshow. There is one thing to remember at the end of all of this: when a surgery like this one is successful, it doesn’t mean that it will have a happy ending, as discussed in the second to final slide. To not risk getting that unhappy ending, you must stay safe and healthy. One big mistake you make could be your last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FedEc(osystem)

"I drink you need some water..."

Deserted